Sunday, February 22, 2009

Six-Word Memoirs on Love and Heartbreak

There's a new book by Larry Smith and Racher Fershleiser called Six-Word Memoirs on Love and Heartbreak. In it, authors post their stories of the above-mentioned in only six words. Then I heard a radio show on the book, and listeners emailed stories of their own that were read on the air. Here are some memorable examples I've heard and seen:

First comes love, then comes stalking.

Tell her I'm taller in person.

Two engagement rings, no wedding band.

Coffee and cigarettes, so I lied.

Straight A student, now flunking judgment.


Not having sex. Husband likes cock.

We fight, we apoligize, we love.

Too lazy to write six.


I got a big kick out of these, so I wrote one myself AND I challenge all of you to write one and post it here, in the comments.

Here's two I wrote (feel free to post more than one):

Too liberal for most around here.

Not really in the market anymore.


Now, let's have some of yours--- It'll be fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gets hurt loving, needs a xanax.

He got fat, no more sex.

I got fat, no more sex.

Screw it anyway, let's have sex.

Anonymous said...

Human's love lost: strife is life.

Sex is love without a glove.

Love is sex without T Rex.

Love, Marriage, Boredom, Renewal Fantasy, Comfort.