Saturday, June 09, 2007

School's Out



Thursday was the last day of school with kids, and Friday was the teachers' last day of the year that was 06/07. My friend Heidi told me about one particular "last day" for her when she was teaching, in which she simply swept everything off the top of her desk into a drawer and called it done. It was close to that for me. I opened cabinets, stood back to look for holes in the disorganization inside, and stuffed those holes full of things that needed to be stored.

We do a barbeque on the last day, followed by a year-end program. A chicken hat was made for our principal, to honor his diving for a chicken let loose in the school by our departing seniors. Cambridge likes to think of itself as a bedroom community of the twin cities, but I say any town in which a chicken is let loose in school is rural, no matter how you slice it.

Tomorrow I will attend graduation and then...let the summer begin!

1 comment:

K.S. said...

HOOORAY!