Sunday, May 13, 2007

Pi

I decided I'm going to read Life of Pi again this summer. I really liked that book, and after watching something about people lost at sea on the Discovery Channel (it was really gruesome), I simply have to read it again. My friend told me her son read it for a college class, so now I can't wait to attack the kid when he gets home this summer, to find out what was said about the story in his class. I have theories and I WANT VALIDATION!!!!

Speaking of reading, I'm presently reading and grading short stories from my creative writers. Does this sound like fun? It's actually one of the most difficult things about my teaching job. Sometimes I find myself thoroughly impressed by the talent of a student, sometimes I read and spend a reeeeeeeeeally long time figuring out what to say about a story that leaves me wondering how this writer could take my class and write THIS story. Someone's not listening...... Nuff said.

It's Mother's Day. I got a card from my daughter that says this:

Today, we celebrate our most valuable resource-- mothers....
Tomorrow, we go back to oil.

I just luuuuuuuv my quirky, funny, smart, Texas daughter! You can read her blog at:
http://butterflypalacedispatch.blogspot.com/
It's a goodie!

No comments: