Thursday, July 27, 2006

Good and Gracious Gobbles

I did a few hours of volunteer work yesterday with the kind people at the beautiful ARC Retreat Center. One of my tasks was to help prepare Gazpacho for the next day's crew. This stuff smelled so good, I wanted to stick my face in the vat and slurp. I'll share the recipe, if you promise to check out their web site:
www.arcretreat.org

They publish a cookbook that can be obtained through the site. It contains the recipe below and also the one for their Cucumber Gazpacho. I was treated to lunch there, and it was served. Delicious!

ARC Gazpacho

4 c tomato juice
2 c fresh diced tomatoes
1 med cucumber. Peeled, seeded, and diced
2 scallions, minced
½ c onions, finely minced
1 green bell pepper, minced
4 coves garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of ½ lemon
1 t salt
½ t pepper
2 T. wine vinegar
1 t tarragon
1 t basil
½ t ground cumin
¼ t Tobasco
2 1/2 T. olive oil

Combine, chill, and serve to 6 people
From St Martin’s Table Cookbook

No comments: